Ricky Martin was performing in Montenegro when his concert was interrupted by an individual spraying tear gas on Thursday evening.
Ricky Martin Concert Interrupted by Tear Gas Attack
Ricky Martin was performing in Montenegro when his concert was interrupted by an individual spraying tear gas on Thursday evening.His publicist Róndine Alcalá s...
Advertisement
His publicist Róndine Alcalá said the Puerto Rican singer-songwriter, 54, is 'safe' after confirming 'an individual discharged tear gas toward the stage.'
In a statement shared by his publicist on Instagram, there had been an 'abrupt interruption of the show as audience members moved away from the area and received assistance.'
Martin's representative added in the caption: 'Ricky Martin and his team are safe and grateful for the support and concern received following tonight's events in Montenegro.'
Advertisement
Authorities confirmed the situation was under control before Martin returned to the stage to continue his performance.
The singer frequently brings along for his tours, and it is unknown if they were present at his show in the Balkans.
Ricky Martin was performing in Montenegro when his concert was interrupted by an individual spraying tear gas; pictured in September 2025
'As a precautionary measure, Ricky Martin and his entire team immediately exited the stage while security personnel and local authorities worked to contain the situation and ensure the safety of those in attendance,' the statement continued.
Advertisement
Martin then 'made the decision to resume' his show to 'fulfill his commitment to his fans.'
While accepting the Latin Icon Award at the 2025 VMAs last year, he dedicated the honor to his four children.
'Everything I do, I do with you in my mind and in my heart,' he said about his children, all born via surrogate, who frequently travel the world with him while he is on tour.
Martin and Yosef separated in 2023 but maintain a healthy co-parenting relationship.
Advertisement
More Entertainment Buzz
Advertisement




