She's in her bridal era.
Taylor Swift Cuts Out Kelces Dad Before Wedding
She's in her bridal era.And it is surely no surprise that pop megastar Taylor Swift is running a tight ship to ensure her dream wedding to Travis Kelce goes off...
Advertisement
And it is surely no surprise that pop megastar is running a tight ship to ensure her dream wedding to goes off without a hitch - even if that means leaving loved ones in the dark about her plans.
A practiced pro when it comes to secrecy, Swift, 36, is believed to have intentionally withheld information about the 'really, really, big' wedding from her fiancé's father, Ed Kelce, as he 'can't be trusted' to keep the details private, according to sources.
'He's sort of like a loose cannon,' one insider told the Daily Mail. 'Nobody knows what he's going to say so it's kind of a controversial situation.'
Advertisement
'He already gave out a lot of information about the engagement,' the insider added, recalling how the Kelce patriarch, 74, blabbed to several news outlets back in August.
At the time, he of when and where his NFL star son, 36, got down on one knee as well as other personal details about the proposal.
Taylor Swift has gone to great lengths to protect the privacy of her upcoming wedding to Travis Kelce, including not telling family members her plans, according to sources
Kelce's father, Ed Kelce (pictured in 2024) has been left in the dark as he is a 'loose cannon' and could potentially spill the beans on the wedding details
Advertisement
Sources previously told us that Swift was spearheading plans for the big day solely with hubby-to-be Kelce and a wedding planner - their .
Kelce's sister-in law Kylie Kelce - who is married to his brother Jason - recently revealed she has also been left in the dark, admitting on her Not Gonna Lie podcast: 'I don't have any details. I don't have any details. I have none.'
So keen is Swift to control the planning and to ensure everything stays watertight that the singer has taken to 'personally calling guests' to invite them, a second insider said.
It is also claimed that Swift opted out of sending tangible invitations 'since things are getting fairly close, but mainly for privacy.'
'When it comes to the date and location, she wants to avoid anything leaking ahead of time, which is why there are no physical save-the-dates being sent out,' the second insider added.
Last month, the Daily Mail reported that the hotly anticipated nuptials will take place in New York City on July 3.
At the time, the Daily Mail learned Swift and Kelce , but that they were not planning to pursue legal action against their guests.
Instead, Swift has hatched a plan to smoke out the offenders, per an insider.
'She's also sharing slightly different details with different guests,' said our second source. 'That way, if any information does surface publicly, it could help identify where the leak came from.'
So keen is Swift to control the planning and ensure details are watertight that she has taken to 'personally calling guests' to invite them
It is also a matter of safety, given Swift has been forced to deal with and even throughout her career.
'She is taking the entire process extremely seriously, especially from a security standpoint,' the second insider said. 'At the moment, fewer than ten people actually know the exact wedding date and location.'
But containing the juicy details is a mammoth task given the guest list is far from intimate.
'I've been hearing that every person under the sun who has slim to no relationship with the couple is being invited,' said a third source.
They claimed the overly generous gesture has sparked whispers from industry insiders who have scoffed that it's an 'almost obnoxious' move.
Swift even publicly invited celebrities during her press tour for her latest album, The Life of a Showgirl, telling British radio and TV hosts Greg James and Graham Norton that they have made the cut.
'You barely know these people and they're invited? This is a joke. There are people invited that she has met one time in her life,' said our third source said, before suggesting that the large guest list is Swift wanting 'the world to know' she has finally 'found her Prince Charming.'
Swift herself has said she doesn't want to stress over the guest list.
'She is taking the entire process extremely seriously, especially from a security standpoint,' an insider said. 'At the moment, fewer than ten people actually know the exact wedding date and location' (pictured with Kelce in March)
A separate source claimed the guest list has become a bit of a free-for-all: 'I've been hearing that every person under the sun who has slim to no relationship to the couple is being invited'
Insiders suspect that Miles Teller and his wife Keleigh Sperry have been left off the guest list, as well as Blake Lively and her husband Ryan Reynolds
Rumors of a rift between Swift and Sperry have been brewing since the one-time best pals were last photographed publicly together in February 2024
The highly publicized trial reportedly drove a wedge between Swift and her now ex-BFF Lively, 38, after the singer 'got dragged into something she didn't want to get dragged into.'
'[The main issue was] the fact that to her friend became public record and her friend dragged her into something that made her look poorly to the public,' our third source claimed.
'That's what really bothered her. It was like, "OK, you ." It's the reputation that she cares about the most.'
The fraction wasn't so much of a loss for Kelce who was only friends with Lively and Reynolds, 49, through Swift, so when her friendships with them dissolved - so too did his.
'There's no hard feelings on his end because they were never really his friends. They were friends with his fiancée,' the source added before confirming that, as a result, 'nothing's changed' with the guest list. 'That will never be the same.'
The Daily Mail has contacted representatives for Swift, Kelce, his father, Lively, Reynolds, Teller and Sperry for comment.
Advertisement
More Entertainment Buzz
Advertisement




