's foray into reality television has already been met with criticism.
Tammy Hembrow Embraces Fear in New Reality Show
Tammy Hembrow's foray into reality television has already been met with criticism. The influencer appeared in a new trailer for Channel Nine's Shark! on Wednesd...
Advertisement
The influencer appeared in a new trailer for Channel Nine's Shark! on Wednesday, and in the clip, which was shared to Instagram, Hembrow explained how dicing with dangerous beasts was right up her alley.
The 32-year-old is shown arriving by boat and greeting other contestants in the series, before sharing how excited she is to take part.
'I've always had a fascination with sharks. I love the ocean. I just feel like I was a mermaid in another life,' Tammy said.
Advertisement
'I like getting scared, if you know what I mean. It's exciting,' the fitness influencer continued.
'I've been diving with sharks before. I'm really interested in anything that you know makes me afraid. I love it. Is that like a red flag?'
Tammy Hembrow (pictured) appeared in a new trailer for Channel Nine's Shark! on Wednesday
Tammy also introduced herself, explaining: 'I am best known for my social media presence. I have about 20 million followers online.'
Advertisement
However, some commenters on the post found the premise of the show distasteful and were quick to share their thoughts.
'Maybe not the best time to glamourise sharks for entertainment when a Perth family is grieving,' said one person, referring to a recent fatal shark attack off Rottnest Island.
'This show should be cancelled in respect for the many people recently who have lost their lives,' said another.
They added: 'There was one two days ago and a 10-year-old boy.'
'This show was cancelled overseas. Tammy isn't going to draw the people in,' one more person wrote.
'Capitalising on animals for profit. All this does is associate humans with food and disrupts their natural habitat,' someone else commented.
Angry critics had earlier deemed the format 'disgraceful' and 'distasteful' in the wake of recent fatal shark attacks in Australia.
'I've always had a fascination with sharks. I love the ocean. I just feel like I was a mermaid in another life,' Tammy insisted
However, some commenters on the post found the premise of the show distasteful
The dramatic new reality series, filmed in the Bahamas, is co-helmed by Paul de Gelder, who lost a hand and a foot in a shark attack in 2009.
He co-hosts the show with expert Annie Guttridge.
Nine's teaser trailer indicates that the format will be 'educational'.
Advertisement
More Entertainment Buzz
Advertisement




