Showbiz

Zoe Ball: Relieved to Miss Strictly Hosting Gig

Zoe Ball has revealed why she's 'glad' she didn't get the Strictly Come Dancing host job as she joked that she 'doesn't need to have a facelift now.’The radio p...

Zoe Ball: Relieved to Miss Strictly Hosting Gig
BN

Bintano News

Advertisement

has revealed why she's 'glad' she didn't get the Come Dancing host job as she joked that she 'doesn't need to have a facelift now.’

The radio presenter, 55, missed out on the coveted role to trio, Emma Willis, 50, Josh Widdicombe, 43, and , 39. 

They will take over the ballroom dance competition in September after long-serving hosts , 57, and , 54, quit last year.

BBC bosses picked the trio after they invited a number of stars including Zoe, Sara Cox, 51, and , 37, for chemistry tests.  

Advertisement

After revealing that she screen tested with Josh, Zoe joked that she's just happy she 'doesn't have to get a facelift' as she won't be starring in front of the camera. 

She said: 'I screen tested with Josh and he is hilarious. He is going to be so good. Emma is just gorgeous and I love Johannes, so they are going to ace it.'

Zoe Ball has revealed why she's 'glad' she didn't get the Strictly Come Dancing host job as she joked that she 'doesn't need to have a facelift now' 

The radio presenter, 55, missed out on the coveted role to trio Emma Willis, 50, Josh Widdicombe, 43, and Johannes Radebe, 39

Advertisement

Zoe continued to The Sun: 'And I don’t have to have a , so I’m quite happy.'

During the appearance at The Podcast Show 2026 at London’s Business Design Centre with her pal and co-star Jo Whiley, she added: 'For Jo and I, it’s hell. We both hate being in vision, that’s why we really loved doing radio. 

'Then they started filming that. They film every- thing. And as we get older, we’re like, "dim the lights!" We’d happily never be filmed again.'  

Earlier this month, Zoe, who previously hosted Strictly spin-off , announced she 'didn't get' the gig and is 'working through the seven stages of grief and rejection'. 

Despite missing out on the gig, Zoe said she is 'thrilled' for the people who got the role and insisted the has made the 'right decision'.

Speaking on her Dig It podcast with Jo Whiley, Zoe said: 'I didn't get it, but it's OK.'

She continued: 'I have worked through the seven stages of grief and rejection over the last couple of days.

'No, I didn't get it. But I tell you what, if [it's] who I think has got it, we're in safe hands and our new hosts are going to be fabulous. I'm so thrilled for them, and hopefully at a later date we'll be able to talk about them in more detail.'

After revealing that she screen tested with Josh, Zoe joked that she's just happy she 'doesn't have to get a facelift' as she won't be starring in front of the camera

She added: 'I was so chuffed to even be in the mix. There were some pretty amazing people who didn't even make it into the mix.

'So I made it in the mix, and I had a really fun time having one last little play at a show that I love and adore. And I'm so thrilled for the gang that has got it.

'I think there's been so many eyes on this whole process, everyone's quite relieved now that a decision has been made and the right decision has been made.'

After much speculation over who would step into Tess and Claudia's shoes, Emma,  Josh and Johannes were announced on Tuesday in a tradition-busting decision by bosses to have three hosts after 22 years of having a two-person hosting team. 

Nine shortlisted stars were summoned to a top-secret location in London to battle it out in full-scale dress rehearsals with a judging panel and live band.

BBC bosses forced the stars to sign strict NDAs to keep the tryouts under wraps and are hoping to announce a decision soon.

Among those confirmed to be in the callbacks were Rylan, Emma, Tom Allen and Alex Jones. 

The Beeb has recently given an insight into what fans can expect for the 24th series of the much-loved programme.

The likes of Dianne Buswell, 37, Nancy Xu, 34, Vito Coppola, 33, Julian Caillon, 30, Carlos Gu, 33, Lauren Oakley, 35, Amy Dowden, 35, Katya Jones, 36, Neil Jones, 44, Nikita Kuzmin, 28, Jowita Przystał, 31, Johannes Radebe, 39, Aljaž Škorjanec, 36, Alexis Warr, 25, and Kai Widdrington, 30, will be returning to the dance floor this year.

They will be joined by some professional dancers who are yet to be announced.

Advertisement

More

More Entertainment Buzz

Advertisement