Emotional Shannen Doherty has doubled down on claims Alyssa Milano got her fired from Charmed in 2001 – after the actress denied the allegations.
Appearing at Sunday’s Orlando’s MegaCon audience with Charmed co-stars Holly Marie Combs and Rose McGowan, the star, 52, who is battling stage four cancer, teared up as she read a statement in a video obtained by TMZ.
She said: ‘Holly and I, we were not mean on the podcast — my podcast, ‘Let’s Be Clear.’ In fact, we went in and we edited out anything that we felt would cause more drama.
‘We simply told the truth because the truth actually does matter. But we wanted to try to save you, the fans, from heartbreak as much as humanly possible.
‘At this point in my life with my health diagnosis — I’m sorry if I start crying — with fighting horrific disease every day of my life, it is also incredibly important to me that the truth actually be told as opposed to the narrative that others put out there for me.
Emotional Shannen Doherty has doubled down on claims Alyssa Milano got her fired from Charmed in 2001 – after the actress denied the allegations
Appearing at Sunday’s Orlando’s MegaCon audience with Charmed co-stars Holly Marie Combs and Rose McGowan, the star, 52, who is battling stage four cancer, teared up as she read a statement in a video obtained by TMZ
Milano has finally broken her silence over the reports that she got Doherty fired from Charmed back in 2001
‘We told it together, we told our truths and we are standing by our truths,” Doherty added of the claims she and Combs made on her podcast. “There is no revisionist history happening in the truth that I know we told. … There is no lateness to set, there is no mediator for months on end. I recall the facts as if I was still living in them.’
Combs also took to Instagram on Monday with a lengthy post saying she was ‘disappointed’ in Milano’s denials.
She wrote: ‘I feel the need to defend myself after the many continuing attacks that have ensued since Alyssa stepped out on the stage [at MegaCon] and essentially called Shannen and I liars
‘Suffice to say I’m a little shocked and a little disappointed especially by the things she posted the next day while texting me simultaneously words to the contrary. Sadly that’s not a [sic] surprising anymore.
This comes after Milano broke her silence over the reports that she got Doherty fired from Charmed back in 2001.
The 51-year-old actress addressed the drama while talking to her fans during a panel held earlier this week in Orlando, Florida after Holly Marie Combs, 50, confirmed the rumor late last year.
Milano — who is currently entangled in another controversy after she created a GoFundMe for her son’s baseball team and asked her fans for donations — notably did not confirm nor deny the claims, per a report by Deadline.
She later shared a transcription from the panel and wrote a lengthy caption, clarifying that she did not get her co-star axed from the show.
Previously, Doherty, 52, accused Milano of ‘a weird divide’ on the set of the fantasy drama series.
Combs then went on to confirm the long-standing rumor that Milano was responsible for Doherty’s exit from the show.
Weeks after the clip went viral, Milano spoke on the topic and said she was ‘sad’ about it while remaining vague on the validity of the claims.
‘I knew this was going to come up in one way or another, and I want to be very thoughtful in how I respond to any of this, and I will just say that I’m sad,’ she said at MegaCon Orlando 2024.
‘I don’t think it’s really that I’m sad for me or my life or how it does or does not affect my life,’ she said.
She said she was ‘most sad’ that the ‘toxicity’ from their show has continued even decades later.
‘I’m the most sad for the fans,’ she continued. ‘I am the most sad that a show that has meant so much to so many people has been tarnished by a toxicity that is still to this day almost a quarter of a century later still happening.’
‘I’m sad that people can’t move past it,’ she added. ‘I’m sad that we all can’t just celebrate the success of a show that meant so much to all of us.’
She then opened up about working through her trauma, adding that she now understands that ‘hurt people hurt people’ and she would rather be a person who heals instead.
‘I have worked super hard in my life in the last 25 years to heal all of my trauma, and that’s not just all the trauma that I experienced while shooting but all of my trauma.’
Combs then went on to confirm the long-standing rumor that Milano was responsible for Doherty’s exit from the show
She added: ‘I’ve worked really hard to heal the bits because I understand that hurt people hurt people and my intention is to be a healed person that helps heal people.’
Her statement comes shortly after her former co-stars dished on the drama on the set of Charmed on Doherty’s Let’s Be Clear podcast.
Combs revealed that Milano had given an ultimatum, which was the reason for Doherty’s exit from the show after three seasons.
She recalled a producer telling her: ”We were told [by Alyssa] it’s her or [Shannen] and Alyssa has threatened to sue us for a hostile workplace environment.’
Milano finally denied the claims on her Instagram, saying her former co-stars are participating in ‘revisionist history’.
She also insisted: ‘I did not have the power to get anyone fired.’
‘I don’t know one other show that has had the success that Charmed had where the cast still speaks ill of the experience a quarter of a century later,’ she wrote.
‘This is 15 movies and 13 TV shows ago for me,’ she continued. ‘This was 11 years before my 15 year marriage and 13 years before having my first child. This was so long ago that any retelling of these stories from anyone is just revisionist history.’
Previously, Combs revealed that Milano had given an ultimatum, which was the reason for Doherty’s exit from the show after three seasons. She recalled a producer telling her: ”We were told [by Alyssa] it’s her or [Shannen] and Alyssa has threatened to sue us for a hostile workplace environment”
She then noted that proof of what occurred was ‘documented’.
‘I will add, though, with absolute certainty—everything was documented. There was a professional mediator,’ she explained before adding that she had been told ‘Holly and Shannen would not participate in any mediation’.
She said there was also an ‘on-set producer/babysitter’, who was ‘brought in to investigate all claims’.
‘It was then recommended by this mediator, after collecting testimony from cast AND crew, what changes should be made if the show was going to continue,’ she added.
‘The studio, Aaron Spelling, and network made the decision to protect the international hit that was Charmed,’ she concluded. ‘I did not have the power to get anyone fired. Once Shannen left we had 5 more successful seasons and I am forever grateful.’