Scarlette Douglas’s Plea for Strictly Come Dancing Spot

Scarlette Douglas’s Plea for Strictly Come Dancing Spot

A Place In The Sun’s former host Scarlette Douglas shared her Strictly Come Dancing dreams on Wednesday as she joked that Aljaž Škorjanec ‘needs a partner.’

The presenter, 37, begged BBC bosses for a place on the competition following the news that the professional, 34, would be returning after a two year hiatus. 

Joining Ed Balls and Susanna Reid on Good Morning Britain to discuss the latest showbiz news, Scarlette said that her ‘shoes were packed.’ 

Speaking about the likelihood of Nadine Dorries joining the lie-up, she said: ‘She’s previously said she’d love to do Strictly and you know what, I’m going to be honest, so would I.

‘So if you are listening out there Strictly team my dancing shoes are packed and I’m ready to make it all the way to Blackpool.’

Scarlette Douglas’s Plea for Strictly Come Dancing Spot

A Place In The Sun’s former host Scarlette Douglas, 37, shared her Strictly Come Dancing dreams on Wednesday as she joked that Aljaž Škorjanec ‘needs a partner’

Susanna added: ‘Because Aljaž Škorjanec needs a partner.’

Scarlett continued: ‘That would be a amazing. I’d absolutely partner with Aljaž. All this comes days after it was announced he’s making his return to the ballroom. He went on hiatus back in 2022.’

Aljaž announced his return to Strictly Come Dancing on Monday after it was confirmed that Giovanni Pernice would not be rejoining the lineup. 

The professional dancer, who welcomed a daughter Lyra with his partner Janette Manrara in July last year, said he hoped to make the one-year-old proud following his two year hiatus from the BBC show. 

Giovanni, 33, left the programme last month amid a scandal after he was accused of exhibiting ‘threatening and abusive’ behaviour towards his celebrity dance partners.

During an appearance on The One Show this week, Aljaž confirmed he will be tearing up the dancefloor once more for the brand-new series this autumn. 

The fan favourite will be waltzing back onto screens for the 20th year of the dancing competition. 

Speaking on the show, he said: ‘What haven’t I missed. I got to look after my beautiful wife, my beautiful baby for two years. But I missed everything about Strictly. 

The presenter, 37, begged BBC bosses for a place on the competition following the news that the professional, 34, would be returning after a two year hiatus

The presenter, 37, begged BBC bosses for a place on the competition following the news that the professional, 34, would be returning after a two year hiatus 

Joining Ed Balls and Susanna Reid on Good Morning Britain to discuss the latest showbiz news, Scarlette said that her 'shoes were packed'

Joining Ed Balls and Susanna Reid on Good Morning Britain to discuss the latest showbiz news, Scarlette said that her ‘shoes were packed’

‘I could not be more ecstatic to be back with the Strictly family! This year is such a special one for this legendary show, I can’t wait to be a part of it and make my return to the dancefloor.’

As Strictly celebrates two spectacular decades of dance, this series promises to be extra special with even more glitz, glamour and unforgettable performances.

Aljaž and his celebrity partner Abbey Clancy raised the Glitterball in his debut year on the show in 2013 and he came runner up in 2017 with partner, Gemma Atkinson.

He added in a statement: ‘I could not be more ecstatic to be back with the Strictly family! This year is such a special one for this legendary show, I can’t wait to be a part of it and make my return to the dancefloor. 

‘I had an absolute ball during my nine year stint on Strictly, during my time away I became a parent, which has been an exciting challenge in itself and now I’m ready to experience the Strictly magic again. 

‘It feels so right to be coming back, I missed the fun, glitter and the judges of course and I hope to make my daughter Lyra proud!’ 

Sarah James, Executive Producer of Strictly Come Dancing added: ‘We are all so thrilled that Aljaž is back in the Strictly Ballroom, bringing his incredible choreography and passion for dance.’

She added: ‘During his nine series he was a firm favourite with viewers across the country, I’m sure everyone is in for a treat as he joins us to entertain the nation for a very special 20th year of the show.’ 

The announcement comes after Giovanni laughed off his shock Strictly exit as he hosted a dance workshop with his company Ballando last week alongside Shirely Ballas and Anton Du Beke.

While many have predicted what the dancer could do next, he didn’t seem too fazed about his career prospects as he joked about making his pantomime debut.  

While teaching participants a Cha Cha Cha, the professional insisted that when they answered them they didn’t say simply ‘yes’ but ‘yes, Giovanni’, as he added with a cheeky glint in his eye: ‘I’m getting used to doing panto, I’m practising!’ 

Alja¿ announced his return to Strictly Come Dancing on Monday after it was confirmed that Giovanni Pernice would not be rejoining the lineup

Aljaž announced his return to Strictly Come Dancing on Monday after it was confirmed that Giovanni Pernice would not be rejoining the lineup

The professional dancer, who welcomed a daughter Lyra with his partner Janette Manrara in July last year, said he hoped to make the one-year-old proud

The professional dancer, who welcomed a daughter Lyra with his partner Janette Manrara in July last year, said he hoped to make the one-year-old proud

Giovanni, 33, left the programme last month in a scandal after he was accused of exhibiting 'threatening and abusive' behaviour towards his celebrity dance partners

Giovanni, 33, left the programme last month in a scandal after he was accused of exhibiting ‘threatening and abusive’ behaviour towards his celebrity dance partners 

In another quip about his career projection, the dancer gathered the group to help him film social media content, explaining: ‘Well, I’m an influencer now!’ 

While it’s been claimed that BBC bosses have banned the cast from discussing the  ‘bullying row’, the pair proudly showed their support for the star by teaching at his event. 

As Shirley, 57, came onto the stage to teach a Jive, she couldn’t help but express her support for Giovanni – who quit Strictly this year amid the scandal. 

She told the dancers it was an ‘honour and a privilege’ to be at the workshop with Giovanni, 33, adding: ‘I’ve known him for 10 years and we’re good friends…’ 

Offering a ‘huge thank you’ to the Italian professional for having her at his workshop, Shirley continued: ‘I will be one person who will be by his side forever. What you see is what you get with him.’ 

The Queen of Latin went on to share a story about Giovanni’s caring side, revealing that when her mother Audrey battled cancer, Giovanni was a source of comfort for her. 

While Giovanni has been at the receiving end of much criticism amid the bullying row, Shirley can no doubt relate, having also dealt with backlash and trolling.

The professional dancer is at the centre of a bullying row after claims made of misconduct by his Strictly partner Amanda Abbington, 52, and two other women. 

On Tuesday, sources told the Mail that the accusations have prompted bosses to extend the inquiry to look at other matters, and individuals, involved with the dance series as they prepare for its 20th anniversary.

It means that Mr Pernice, who has already let his frustrations at the investigation be known, faces an even longer wait for an outcome after three former dance partners, including actress Amanda, instructed lawyers to make ‘serious complaints’ about his conduct.

It also threatens to damage Strictly, the BBC’s biggest Saturday night success story since The Generation Game.

The professional dancer is at the centre of a bullying row after claims made of misconduct by his Strictly partner Amanda Abbington (pictured), 52, and two other women

The professional dancer is at the centre of a bullying row after claims made of misconduct by his Strictly partner Amanda Abbington (pictured), 52, and two other women 

A television source told the Mail: ‘This investigation is no longer just solely about Giovanni but other, more wider issues. The show has been going for 20 years and the whole veneer of Strictly is so sparkly and lovely, of course there will always be people who feel hard done by.

‘Amanda’s complaints have started something massive, it has opened the door for others to come forward about things they haven’t been happy with.

‘It is all a big headache for the BBC, it is about to celebrate a massive milestone with its 20th anniversary.

‘Having the Giovanni complaint has been a big enough issue, but now it looks like there is more to be scrutinised and looked into.’

Sources close to Mr Pernice say that he fully expects to be exonerated.

Comments

No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *