Showbiz

Josh Widdicombes £3M Home Renovations Halted by Planning Row

Josh Widdicombe and interior designer wife Rose Hanson have reportedly been forced to halt renovations on Noel Edmond's old home in Devon.The comedian, 43, who ...

Josh Widdicombes £3M Home Renovations Halted by Planning Row
BN

Bintano News

Advertisement

Josh Widdicombe and interior designer wife Rose Hanson have reportedly been forced to halt renovations on Noel Edmond's old home in Devon.

The comedian, 43, who was announced alongside Emma Willis and as Come Dancing's new hosts, on Tuesday, snapped up the Grade listed property earlier this year for a whopping £3M.

He and his wife sold their £2.3million London townhouse last summer in order to bring up their two children, seven-year-old daughter Pearl and four-year-old son Cassius, with more space and closer to Josh’s Devon childhood home. 

The 7,500 sq ft Grade II listed house boasts five en-suite bedrooms as well as a separate one-bed coach house in the grounds. 

Advertisement

But after getting to work with renovations, builders were forced to down tools after it was revealed the couple had failed to gain planning permission. 

According to The Sun, Josh's agent said in the retrospective application that building work was 'immediately paused' after the 'regrettable' error was discovered. 

Josh Widdecombe and interior designer wife Rose Hanson have reportedly been forced to halt renovations on Noel Edmond's old home in Devon

The 7,500 sq ft Grade II listed house boasts five en-suite bedrooms as well as a separate one-bed coach house in the grounds

Advertisement

Rose stated in the paperwork that the renovations, which included reopening a historic doorway and repositioning architraves, had begun but not completed. 

The local council has since approved the application, describing the proposals as 'positive'. 

Daily Mail have contacted Josh Widdicombe's representatives for comment.

TV host Noel, 77, previously lived in the home after splashing out £1.36million in October 2006 following his divorce from second wife Helen Soby and amid the success of Deal or No Deal.

He carried out extensive renovations but the house became embroiled in a bitter court battle after he was sued by a former friend who he hadn't paid for the building work.

Noel sold the house in August 2008 for more than £2million but following the 2011 court ruling against him, he was ordered to pay his former friend £600,000 plus legal fees.

Josh previously discussed his new house and its former owner – best known for hosting Noel’s House Party in the 1990s from Edmonds' mansion in the fictional village of Crinkley Bottom alongside Mr Blobby, a pink and yellow spotted character.

TV host Noel, 77, previously lived in the home after splashing out £1.36million in October 2006 following his divorce from second wife Helen Soby and amid the success of Deal or No Deal

The comedian, 43, who was announced alongside Emma Willis and Johannes Radebe as Strictly Come Dancing's new hosts, on Tuesday

Speaking on the Parenting Hell podcast, he told fellow comic Rob Beckett: ‘Just to be clear, it isn’t in Crinkley Bottom – it isn’t the house we used to see on Saturday nights on the TV.'

As his pal teased him with a crude retort that he had moved to a house ‘that Noel Edmonds has had sex in… and he’s w****d in there’.

Meanwhile Josh has relayed his excitement over his role to co-host and fellow comedian Rob who praised his pal for nabbing the job on the latest episode of their podcast.

Discussing his co-stars, he branded himself 'the runt of the litter' as he said: 'I'm a weird-looking little guy. I realised I've been cast with two of the most striking looking people on television.'

On his diminutive height, he went on: 'Jojo is 6'2", Emma's the same height as me but she'll be wearing heels, we've already discussed it's going to be fun for the special I may be the first person to go as on Icons Night.'

Rob, 40, went on to warn potential trolls that he would be hitting back at critics of his co-host, who he poked fun at for scooping the role despite frequently grumbling over his busy schedule and time away from home after relocating from London to Exeter.

Continuing in their dumbfoundedness over his new role, Josh joked that he would not have been in the bookies' running due to his unlikely casting, while Rob goaded Josh for 'lying' during his appearance on Good Morning Britain earlier in the week.

After much speculation over who would step into Tess and Claudia's shoes, the trio were announced on Tuesday in a tradition-busting decision by bosses to have three hosts after 22 years of having a two-person hosting team. 

Advertisement

More

More Entertainment Buzz

Advertisement