The Strawbridge's shared a rare family photo on Instagram on Thursday as they kicked off the Bank Holiday weekend, four years after quitting their show Escape To The Chateau.
Dick and Angel Share Rare Family Photo for Easter
The Strawbridge's shared a rare family photo on Instagram on Thursday as they kicked off the Easter Bank Holiday weekend, four years after quitting their show E...
Advertisement
Dick, 66, and , 47, beamed for the camera as they posed with their children, Arthur, 12, and Dorothy, 11, alongside Angel's parents, Stephen and Jenny, in a sweet snap at the entrance of their sprawling chateau.
Sharing the image to their family Instagram account, they wrote: 'Family selfie taken right here…right now in our Forever Home! 3 generations enjoying a sunny spring evening ❤️'.
The rare family photo comes several months after Dick and Angel enjoyed a heartwarming reunion with one of their longtime crew members, as they prepare to make a return to TV after quitting their show over bullying allegations.
Advertisement
The couple's popular show aired 50 episodes over nine seasons, before wrapping up in 2022 after it was dramatically axed due to allegations of behind-the-scenes bust-ups.
Channel 4 said in a statement at the time: 'Following a review, we have taken the decision not to work with Dick and Angel on any new productions in the future.'
The Strawbridge's shared a rare family photo on Instagram on Thursday as they kicked off the Easter Bank Holiday weekend, four years after quitting their show Escape To The Chateau (Dick and Angel pictured with children, Arthur, 12, and Dorothy, 11, and Angel's parents, Stephen and Jenny)
Now that Dick and Angel have fully settled into chateau life with their children, Arthur, 12, and Dorothy, 11, they recently decided that it was time to give their fans an update.
Advertisement
The couple announced on Instagram in November that they were in the midst of filming series 10 of Escape To The Chateau, with
The couple said: 'We are delighted to announce that we are officially back in production for Escape to the Chateau, Series 10! It's been wonderful welcoming back our Escape filming family - the unsung heroes behind the cameras.'
The duo revealed that the new series has given them a chance to work with a crew member they previously collaborated with in 2021.
They wrote in the heartwarming Instagram post, which included a before picture showing just how small Arthur and Dorothy were last season: 'What a pleasure to have a surprise visit from our Olga... part of our 2021 Escape to the Chateau filming crew!
'We have not seen Olga in years...but our last words were..."If you are ever in the area..." Look at the difference a few years make! Have a lovely evening. Xxx'
Fans of the popular show were quick to gush over the sweet comparison pictures, writing: 'Fantastic Family and TV Story.'
'I can't wait for the show to start back up.';
The couple's popular Channel 4 show aired 50 episodes over nine seasons, before it was dramatically axed in 2022 due to allegations of behind-the-scenes bust-ups (pictured 2018)
'Those children are growing by the day! What a life you have all had. Thank you for sharing.'
Opening up about what fans can expect from the new instalment, Dick and Angel said it would revolve more around their parenting journey and be less focused on renovations.
They said: 'Since we first fell in love with the Chateau in 2014, it has taken us on the journey of a lifetime. In 2022, we made the important decision to take a break from filming and concluded Series 9 with the most incredible and magical celebration we could have ever imagined.'
Dick and Angel continued: 'Now, as a family, we've stepped into a new era.
'With Arthur and Dorothy happily settled into college, Series 10 brings more change and growth than the Chateau has ever seen.
'We promised that when the time was right for our family, we'd invite the cameras back in to give you an update - and maybe even a Christmas Special... and that time is now!
'Thank you for being part of our story - we can't wait to share this next magical chapter with you.'
Hosts Dick and Angel were dropped by Channel 4 three years ago, after being engulfed in the bullying scandal.
It was revealed in May 2023 that Channel 4 had cut ties with them following an independent investigation into their conduct.
The TV channel confirmed they would no longer work with the pair on any new productions, 'following a review', after they were branded 'spiky and volatile'.
A leaked recording revealed Angel branding a producer a 'F***ed up little c**t'.
In June, she spoke out for the first time, defending herself over the foul-mouthed rant as she explained she fell into a pre-laid trap.
The TV star admitted that while she wishes the incident hadn't happened, she will not apologise for what she did.
Speaking on Elizabeth Day's podcast How To Fail, Angel confessed in that moment she saw red: 'I was the one in the wrong for losing my temper, but do you know what, I will not apologise - he was so disrespectful in our house, he was so upsetting to me, my family, and I stand by what I did.
'If I was to apologise and say "I'm sorry for using bad language and chucking you out," it would just be disingenuous to me.'
She added: 'Would I like to erase that? Yeah, I'd love to. But I would also like to erase what he was doing, because my rage just didn't pop out of nowhere.
'It grew over time, and it was provoked, and therefore I'm not ashamed of what happened in the end, I just wish it hadn't happened.'




