A misdemeanor charge against the country music singer Conner Smith related to the death of an elderly woman has been dropped.
Prosecutors with the Davidson County District Attorney's Office told TMZ on Thursday that they had withdrawn the misdemeanor citation in response to a request from the victim's family.
Smith, 25, had been hit with the charge for failure to yield resulting in a fatality after he hit and killed 77-year-old Dorothy Dobbins with his truck while she was in a crosswalk in June 2025.
The Daily Mail has reached out to representatives for Smith and the Davidson County District Attorney's Office for comment.
In a statement to TMZ, Smith's attorney, Worrick G. Robinson, said: 'This devastating accident was a profound tragedy for the family of Dot Dobbins and the larger Germantown community.
'Over the past several months, Conner has been grateful for the opportunity to get to know Dot’s family personally and be able to voice his deep and sincere grief,' Robinson continued. 'While he is grateful that this legal chapter has concluded, he will continue to steadfastly lift her family up in prayer.'
A misdemeanor charge against the country music singer Conner Smith related to the death of an elderly woman has been dropped, TMZ reported on Thursday. Smith hit and killed 77-year-old Dorothy Dobbins with his truck while she was in a cross walk in; seen in 2024
Prosecutors with the Davidson County District Attorney's Office told TMZ on Thursday that they had withdrawn the misdemeanor citation in response to a request from the victim's family
Smith was hit with the misdemeanor charge in July of last year, just weeks after hitting Dobbins.
In December, the country star opened up about the 'grief' and 'trauma' he had experienced ever since the fatal crash in an interview on The Upload with Brooke Taylor podcast.
Smith spoke of the 'darkness' that engulfed him during the difficult period following the deadly June 8 accident.
Smith was driving his Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck when he hit Dorothy Dobbins as she was walking within the lines of the crosswalk.
Dobbins was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Hospital, where she died.
'It was so out of nowhere,' he recalled. 'Just in a moment, your entire, like, a tornado runs through your house, and there's so much grief and there's so much trauma from that intense, intense trauma.'
'There's a darkness in that, you just can't, there's no words, right,' the Creek Will Rise singer said.
'It felt like a tornado just blowing through my house. You don't have a concept of reality and what is going on, and all you have is the people you love, and the people that are around you.'
In a statement to TMZ, Smith's attorney said: 'Conner has been grateful for the opportunity to get to know [Dorothy Dobbins's] family personally and be able to voice his deep and sincere grief. While he is grateful that this legal chapter has concluded, he will continue to steadfastly lift her family up in prayer'; pictured in June 2025 in Nashville
In December, Smith spoke out in more detail six months after he struck and killed Dobbins, 77, with his truck. His victim was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Hospital in Nashville, where she died; pictured on March 19
Smith said he cut himself off from the outside world and retreated to his parents' house with his wife, Leah Thompson.
He said he put his phone in a drawer and left it there for a whole month.
'I didn't have a phone for a month because it was so traumatic. And I just locked myself...I was at my parents' house who live south of Nashville and on some property,' he explained, adding that it was a 'blessing' to be staying close to his folks.
Smith performed for the first time since the accident on July 31 at the Grand Ole Opry.
He spoke on stage about how his faith in God got him through tough times.
'I’ve found in the darkest of moments, the Lord is so much closer than ever before. He was better than I could ever imagine every step of the way,' Smith told the crowd, as reported by Fox News.
'He was kinder than I could ever imagine. He was more of a defender than I could ever imagine in my heart.'
Smith was charged with a misdemeanor traffic citation for Failure to Yield the Right of Way Resulting in Death. Police found no impairment or distracted driving involved on the country singer’s part, per ABC News.
The Take it Slow crooner opened up about the 'grief' and 'trauma' he's experienced since the tragedy during an interview on The Upload with Brooke Taylor podcast; pictured a day before the accident on June 7
During his podcast chat, Smith also addressed questions on when he plans to return to writing music and posting on social media.
'There's been so many people asking me, "Man, when are you gonna get back and post on socials? Put out music again," and it's like, "When God tells me to,"' he revealed.
Smith added that he expects it will be 'really soon when we're gonna be able to step back into that,' but explained it’s about divine timing, not his own.
'I'm just living in such a place of peace, and such a place of overflow and the spirit of the Lord,' Smith continued, saying he has 'a lot of peace' over making new music in the near future.
Back in July, Smith said his 'heart is broken' over the fatal accident that claimed Dobbins’ life and admitted he was struggling to process the tragedy.
He said in a statement shared to Instagram: 'Four weeks ago, I was involved in a tragic vehicle accident that resulted in the loss of a life. Not a day has gone by that I haven’t grieved, prayed, and mourned for Ms. Dobbins and her family.
'My heart is broken in a way I’ve never experienced, and I still struggle to fully process the weight of it all.
'I ask that you continue to lift the Dobbins family up in prayer by name, asking for God’s peace to surround them each day,' he wrote.
Conner noted at the time that it was important for him to show respect by stepping away from performing over the last few weeks.





