broke down in tears as she opened up about her devastating silent miscarriage after falling pregnant with her third child.
Charlotte Crosby Opens Up About Heartbreaking Miscarriage
Charlotte Crosby broke down in tears as she opened up about her devastating silent miscarriage after falling pregnant with her third child. The reality TV star,...
Advertisement
The star, 36, joined and on This Morning on Tuesday to recount the moment she and fiancé Jake Ankers were told she had likely miscarried the baby at her eight-week scan.
Charlotte previously revealed how she all would be well after two healthy pregnancies.
But after doctors spotted something wrong with the pregnancy at her six-week scan, Charlotte - who is mother to daughters Alba, three, and Pixi, 15 months - was told two weeks later she had suffered a heartbreaking loss.
Advertisement
Sitting down with Cat, 49, and Ben, 51, on the show, Charlotte immediately struggled to hold back her emotions as she opened up on the devastating events and said she still hopes to have a third baby one day.
Putting her hands over her face as her voice wavered, she told the presenters: 'I feel a bit emotional, but let's just keep going - I'll try and get through.'
Charlotte Crosby broke down in tears as she opened up about her devastating silent miscarriage on Tuesday after falling pregnant with her third child
The reality TV star, 36, joined Ben Shephard and Cat Deeley on This Morning to recount the moment she and fiancé Jake Ankers were told she had likely miscarried the baby
Advertisement
She went on to explain about discovering she was pregnant with her third child: 'We weren't trying, it just happened, and obviously I got very scared when I saw the positive sign, I didn't sleep.
'But all the worries melted away and we started to get really, really excited, and we were like, "We'll manage, it's going to be another beautiful person to love and it's going to be amazing".
'[The pregnancy] felt completely normal, that's the craziest thing, I had some morning sickness and all of the hormones were there, it was just so normal, I never would have known any different.'
The former Geordie Shore star then revealed how she and Jake decided to book a private scan at six weeks, but it was during this appointment they felt something was wrong as there was a 'moment of silence'.
Charlotte explained: 'I went for my first scan at six weeks and basically it was just a different atmosphere. I've obviously been this twice before, so you kind of know what to expect when you sit down.
'They didn't switch the screens on for you to see straight away and the room was very quiet, and I just instantly thought, "Oh, I feel like there's something wrong".
'What they said was they weren't seeing what they were meant to be seeing on the screen, and they reassured me that it was quite common, I could have come a bit too early and got my dates mixed up.
'They couldn't scan us for another two weeks... it was the longest two weeks, it felt like it was going in slow motion, it was just dragging.
'After that initial scan, I knew something was wrong, whereas my partner was being really positive saying "it's going to be fine, honestly", but I kind of knew in my heart that there was going to be something wrong here.'
Two weeks later, Charlotte revealed the doctor ''.
A silent miscarriage is when the individual doesn't have any symptoms of pregnancy loss, like heavy cramping and bleeding.
Breaking down in tears again, Charlotte explained she was given another two week window to see if she would miscarry 'naturally' before being offered a D&C (dilation and curettage) procedure.
She wept: 'In those two weeks, it was the worst fear, I would go to bed and think, "What if it's going to happen? I've never had a miscarriage."
'I would go to bed thinking it might happen through the night, and I was worried about the pain as I've obviously got two young children, I was quite scared and worried of what it was going to feel like.
Sitting down with Cat, 49, and Ben, 51, on the ITV show, Charlotte immediately struggled to hold back her emotions as she opened up on the devastating events
Charlotte, pictured with her fiancé Jake Ankers and their daughters Alba, three, and Pixi, 15 months, has spoken about the moment she was told by doctors she had miscarried
'My partner has quite a busy job and he's away a lot and I just didn't want it to happen when I was on my own. But it didn't happen, and I did have to go for the operation.'
She added of the affects of the miscarriage on her fiancé Jake: 'He took it quite bad. He was really sad for a long time and would just cry quite a lot. I felt bad for him.
'I think for men, I think there needs to be more support for men through that.'
Charlotte admitted she still had hope to fall pregnant again, adding: 'I hadn't heard of a [silent miscarriage], I didn't know what one was until it happened.
'I didn't know they were so common, and I think the worrying, like any woman who might have one, you start to think, "Is this is now? I might not be able to have children".
'I am so lucky that I have got two gorgeous children, but you do get that worry - but luckily it's completely normal and doesn't affect your chances in the future.
'I would love to try again for another baby. After finding out I was pregnant, I got really excited and I think it is something that I'd definitely like.'
Charlotte spoke out about her miscarriage for the first time at the weekend - telling The Sun on Sunday's Fabulous magazine: 'We've had two successful pregnancies, so when we found out we were thrilled.
'Never in my wildest dreams did I think something was going to go wrong. It was probably really naive of me, because these things are common, but it just never crossed my mind after it being so plain sailing for the first two.'
After her six-week scan didn't go to plan, Charlotte admitted to 'hanging onto the idea I got my dates wrong' as to why nothing was seen on the scan.
The family then went on holiday to Spain where Charlotte experienced common pregnancy symptoms such as nausea and breast pain.
Upon their return to the UK, the couple travelled to London where they had a scan with the doctor that they knew well from her two previous pregnancies.
Charlotte went on: 'We were hopeful it was going to be better, but the room was silent again. Usually we are laughing and joking, but he wasn’t speaking. I thought: "Oh, f**k, this really isn’t good."
'His words were: "This does not look like it’s an active pregnancy. I think you’ve had a silent miscarriage." He suggested giving another two weeks to confirm and then he would book me in for an operation to remove everything.'
Charlotte didn't even have time to take in the news as she had to rush to a job where she was speaking on a panel. On the train home, they both had a 'big cry'.
After two weeks, it was
While the D&C operation was at first straightforward, Charlotte developed an infection five days later - and after experiencing agonising pain, went to St John & Elizabeth Hospital’s A&E.
Charlotte managed to get antibiotics to treat the infection which was caused by a lot of blood collecting in her tilted cervix.
Charlotte previously suffered an ectopic pregnancy back in 2016 and nearly died, while . She had to have her right fallopian tube and ovary removed.
An ectopic pregnancy is when a fertilised egg implants itself outside of the womb, usually in the fallopian tube, meaning a baby is unable to develop and leaving the mother's health in danger.
Charlotte said the difference with the ectopic pregnancy was the fear she may never be able to have a baby as she 'woke up and my organs had been removed'.
This time, the miscarriage feels 'more manageable' and she is appreciative of her supportive partner and children.
She said the miscarriage has made herself and Jake realise they do want another child and would like to fall pregnant over summer and go on to get married in Marrakesh next year.
This Morning airs weekdays from 10am on ITV1 and ITVX.
Advertisement
More Entertainment Buzz
Advertisement




