Lil Nas X will remain in jail for the entire weekend, after he was arrested for battery on a police officer and hospitalized for a possible overdose.
The Los Angeles Police Department has confirmed with the Daily Mail that the artist, 26, is unable to be ‘cited out’ due to the specific charge he is facing, and must appear before a judge in order to be released.
‘With the charge 69 (a) PC, the arrestee (Hill) cannot be cited out. It is mandatory that he appears before a judge before he is released. This will happen on Monday,’ Officer Cervantes told the Daily Mail.
A person charged with Penal Code – PEN § 69 have been accused of attempting to deter or stop an executive officer from ‘performing any duty imposed upon the officer by law’ or knowingly resisting ‘by the use of force or violence, the officer, in the performance of his or her duty,’ according to the California Legislative Information website.
Daily Mail has contacted Lil Nas X’s representatives for comment but did not immediately hear back.
The latest news comes after the Daily Mail exclusively revealed that Lil Nas X’s family are said to be gravely concerned by his behavior and want to stage an intervention.

Lil Nas X will remain in jail for the entire weekend, after he was arrested for battery on a police officer and hospitalized for a possible overdose; pictured September 2024

The Grammy-award winning artist was arrested on Thursday morning after he allegedly charged at officers who were responding to his erratic display on Ventura Boulevard
Early Thursday morning, the singer was arrested for battery on a police officer and hospitalized for a possible overdose after he was seen walking in the middle of the street, clad in underwear and cowboy boots.
The singer was spotted exhibiting erratic behavior as he walked down Ventura Boulevard on Thursday, singing, talking repeatedly about a party, and striking poses – before he allegedly charged at officers responding to the scene just before 6AM.
TMZ reports that he will be having his bail set at the upcoming Monday hearing, as they previously reported he had been held without bail.
The Los Angeles Police Department previously confirmed with the Daily Mail that the musician was taken to the hospital and placed under arrest for battery on a police officer.
Officer Cervantes of the Los Angeles Police Department told the Daily Mail of the incident: ‘This morning, around 5:50 am, officers responded to the 11000 block of Ventura Bl for a nude man walking in the street. Upon arrival, the suspect charged at officers and was taken into custody.
‘He was transported to a local hospital for a possible overdose and placed under arrest for battery on a Police Officer.’
While the LAPD say they responded to the scene close to 6AM, TMZ reported video taken of Lil Nas – real name Montero Lamar Hill – walking down the boulevard was taken at 4AM.
TMZ reported that numerous people in the Studio City neighborhood reported the Lil Nas X sighting to police, claiming they saw a nude man walking in the street.
The LAPD told NBC4 that Lil Nas X threw punches at the officers, which prompted a use of force by the police, who forced the musician to the ground.
None of the officers were injured during the incident, according to NBC4.

‘With the charge 69 (a) PC, the arrestee (Hill) cannot be cited out. It is mandatory that he appears before a judge before he is released. This will happen on Monday,’ Officer Cervantes told the Daily Mail; pictured June 2024
In footage of the scene captured by a driver, Lil Nas X sings, talks repeatedly about a party, claps, snaps his fingers, strikes poses, and asks the cameraperson for their phone.
He even places an orange traffic cone over his head.
‘Hey, don’t be late to the party tonight,’ Lil Nas X tells the person behind the camera. ‘You know where it’s at,’ he adds.
‘Go ahead babe,’ he urges the driver, waving his hand towards the road. ‘Go ahead babe,’ he repeats.
‘Didn’t I tell you to put the phone down?’ he later asks. ‘Uh-oh, somebody’s going to have to pay for that!’
He then walks down the street, snap his fingers into the air and clap his hands.
‘I am serving you (expletive),’ Lil Nas said in another moment. ‘And you better be at the f**king party!… you like this side? Every side?’ he says as he struts down the street.
He is also shown saying: ‘It’s going to be a beautiful sunrise,’ before stretching out his hand.
‘Give me that phone so I can throw it. I’m going to throw it far away so you never see it again. I don’t like phones.
‘Don’t miss the party tonight! Why are you still here? You need to be telling everybody about the f**king party girl, what’s your problem?’

In footage of the scene captured by a driver, Lil Nas X sings, talks repeatedly about a party, claps, snaps his fingers, strikes poses, and asks the cameraperson for their phone; pictured 2023
That same day the musician posted a slew of content to his Instagram account, seemingly taken at his home.
In one video, a bathrobe-clad Lil Nas X sang and played with a tambourine beside a pile of various items.
‘FREE THE PEOPLE! NOW!’ he captioned the post.
He also captioned a selfie of himself wearing a fur coat with a tiara-adorned cowboy hat: ‘OH NO sHES GONE MAD! CRAZY I TELL U!’
Lil Nas X has previously described experimenting with drugs, and in 2021 spoke to WSJ about trying psychedelic mushrooms for the first time while working on his debut album MONTERO.

In one video, a bathrobe-clad Lil Nas X sang and played with a tambourine beside a pile of his belongings
The rapper was travelling through California at the time with producers Denzel Baptiste and David Biral, who both remained sober during his experimentation.
They sat by his side and chatted with him during the day, relax in the pool and hot tub, and reflect on life.
‘I was able to open up a lot,’ he told WSJ about the trip in 2021. ‘I was able to write actual stories about my life and put it into my music. I actually did that for the first time.’
Lil Nas X also told Variety in 2020 that he dealt with several heartbreaking losses – including the death of his grandmother – by ‘smoking [weed] heavily’.

Lil Nas X is famous for his 2018 country trap song Old Town Road (pictured 2025)
‘But then I started feeling more connected with the universe, and taking everything as a sign.’
The latest incident comes four months after Lil Nas X was hospitalised for partial facial paralysis.
The rapper, who was wearing a hospital gown and a Von Dutch baseball cap, posted a video from his bed where he explained what had been going on.
In the clip Lil Nas was seemingly in good spirits as he laughed and revealed that he ‘lost control’ of the right side of his face.
Despite trying to laugh, the right side of his face stayed frozen and expressionless, though he was still able to move the right side of his lips and eye.

The rapper won two Grammy Awards for Old Town Road in 2020
Explaining more about his condition, the American star said: ‘This is me doing a full smile right now by the way. It’s like, what the f***? Bro, I can’t even laugh right now, bro. What the f***? Ah! Oh my God!’
Hours after the post, the Old Town Road hitmaker later showed both sides of his face and said: ‘We normal over here. We get crazy over here.’
He added: ‘I’m so cooked’, which in the context of modern slang means that someone is feeling extremely tired, exhausted, or struggling with a task or situation.
In another post, the rapper clarified to his fans that he is ‘OK’ and asked them not to worry about him.
He said: ‘Guys I am OK!! Stop being sad for me! Shake Ur a** for me instead! [sic]’
This was followed with a selfie he took in hospital which he captioned: ‘Imma look funny for a lil but but that’s it [sic].’