Jess Glynne has gushed that she ‘can’t wait’ to have her girlfriend Alex Scott home after it was revealed she will soon be heading home early.
The sports presenter, 41, is leaving the I’m A Celebrity process early to fly back to the UK and be with Jess as she copes with her mother’s brain surgery.
Celebrities are meant to stay in Australia for the entire duration, until the final contestant is voted off, but Alex has broken this to go home and support Jess.Â
Jess revealed earlier this week that she wasn’t able to travel to Australia to meet Alex on the bridge like loved ones usually do because her mother has been unwell.
And on Saturday night ahead of her return Jess penned in a post: ‘Forever a winner! She walked in that jungle and was nothing but herself from start to finish.Â
‘We see you, we saw you and we love you! I can’t wait to have you home my woman.’
Jess Glynne has gushed that she ‘can’t wait’ to have her girlfriend Alex Scott home after it was revealed she will soon be heading home early
The sports presenter, 41, is leaving the I’m A Celebrity process early to fly back to the UK and be with Jess as she copes with her mother’s brain surgery
She posed in a green T-shirt in the accompanying snaps which read: ‘Alex for the win!’
The singer also shared a video of her and a group of their pals showing off their matching T-shirts and cheering for her.
This weekend Alex revealed that she was leaving the process early to fly back to the UK.
Alex said: ‘It’s been a hard couple of months, but Jess was like I want you to go on the show and do it for my mum.Â
‘It’s been tough because I want to be here for the wrap party and I have to get home straight away.Â
‘She’s my Jessica, and I’m going home to be her rock. My campmates knew what I was going through and I just want to thank everyone at ITV and my camp mates because they’ve all shown me so much support.’
She revealed that she almost didn’t make it to Australia after Jess’ mother Alexandra suffered a major stroke which left her needing brain surgery.
In an emotional interview with the Daily Mail, Alex revealed that it was singer Jess who talked her into going despite the devastating family news – but she did spend her time on the ITV show fearing that if her partner wasn’t there to meet her at the jungle bridge then her mum’s condition may have got worse.
And on Saturday night ahead of her return Jess penned in a post: ‘Forever a winner!’ and shares a clip of their friends in matching supportive T-shirtsÂ
This weekend Alex revealed that she almost didn’t make it to Australia after Jess’ mother Alexandra suffered a major stroke which left her needing brain surgeryÂ
Jess shared an emotional message on Instagram revealing her beloved mother’s major stroke and brain surgery which the couple kept secret while Alex was in the Jungle
Speaking after her exit from the show on Friday night, Alex said: ‘It’s been a tough time for us and obviously her family and it was a tough decision to come into the jungle.
‘But then Jess never wanted me to step away from not doing it. I knew there was always a possibility of her not being across the bridge, if her mum hadn’t got better or if things had been getting worse, which they have been.
‘But it was a big decision for me to not pass this opportunity and Jess was the one who pushed me to be here.’
The couple had kept their family sadness a secret while the BBC One Show presenter was on the reality show.
But after she became the first to be voted off on Friday night and questions mounted why Jess wasn’t there to greet her, as is customary for friends and family, the Hold My Hand singer broke her silence.
Taking to Instagram, she penned: ‘I wanted to share something personal, over the last few weeks my mum suffered a major stroke and needed urgent surgery.
‘It’s been a really serious, life-altering time for my family, and I’ve had to stay close to home. Alex would always want me to be where I’m needed most. I can’t wait to have her back by my side.’
Despite not being there, Jess, 36, and Alex spoke immediately after the former Football Focus presenter’s interview with hosts Ant and Dec.
Alex was the first contestant to be voted off I’m A Celeb and is meant to stay Down Under for the entire duration until the final campmate is voted off but she is leaving early
And in that phone call Jess told Alex that she didn’t think she had much airtime – and lambasted the channel for not showing her ‘fun’ side.
Jess said in an Instagram statement: My woman might be out far earlier than she ever deserved, but I’m so unbelievably proud of her.
‘She didn’t get the airtime to show how incredible she really is.’
And Alex also spoke of how she was edited on the series, and revealed that it’s because she thought she was too boring in the most candid of confessions.