Dean McCullough Responds to Police Investigation of Death Threats

Dean McCullough Responds to Police Investigation of Death Threats

Dean McCullough has spoken out on the heartbreaking death threats he has been receiving since he left the jungle.

The I’m A Celebrity star, 33, revealed police are investigating the sick messages from vile trolls which has left him fearing for his safety.

The radio presenter said he has been ‘struggling to get up’ amid the abuse he has faced on the daily.

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, he revealed: ‘When I came out of the jungle, I started getting so many death threats. People tell me they wish I’d got AIDS and died or that if they see me in the street they’re going to batter me. 

‘People were saying they were to come to my work at the BBC and my house. It hurt. It was really heavy stuff.

‘The police came to my house and took a statement and now the details have been passed to police forces across the UK. They are investigating. They’ve already managed to identify some of the people who sent me death threats.

Dean McCullough, 33, has spoken out on the heartbreaking death threats he has been receiving since he left the jungle

Dean McCullough, 33, has spoken out on the heartbreaking death threats he has been receiving since he left the jungle

The I'm A Celebrity star revealed police are investigating the sick messages from vile trolls which has left him fearing for his safety

The I’m A Celebrity star revealed police are investigating the sick messages from vile trolls which has left him fearing for his safety

‘There are 35 different accounts that were classed as having malicious contact and 12 of them were aggravated malicious contact, which is basically a death threat. They’re being identified.’

The publication has revealed Dean reported the threats to Greater Manchester Police, who have launched an investigation and enlisted help from other forces.

Last year, Dean opened up about his heartbreaking history of homelessness on Good Morning Britain.

Talking to hosts Richard Madeley and Kate Garraway via video call, Dean opened up about not having a permanent residence when he was younger. 

He shared: ‘From my own personal experience, we were homeless whenever I was younger. My mum was forced out of the home and I went with her, and we shared a bedroom and we shared a sofa.’

Despite the adversity, Dean added: ‘At the time, I was going to school, I was getting dressed up every day, I was fed well, and we were surprisingly quite happy and made the most of that situation and at the time, I wouldn’t have called that homeless.’

It was only after he joined forces with Centre Point, an organisation dedicated to eradicating youth homelessness, Dean realised the gravity of his past situation.

The radio presenter elaborated: ‘It wasn’t until I started working with them – they didn’t know about my homelessness story – and to be honest with you, I didn’t understand the experience I had until we started working together.’ 

The radio presenter, who reported the threats to Greater Manchester Police, said he has been 'struggling to get up' amid the abuse he has faced on the daily

The radio presenter, who reported the threats to Greater Manchester Police, said he has been ‘struggling to get up’ amid the abuse he has faced on the daily

Last year, Dean opened up about his heartbreaking history of homelessness on Good Morning Britain

Last year, Dean opened up about his heartbreaking history of homelessness on Good Morning Britain 

Discussing his time living uncertainly in London, he said: ‘I shared with them as well that whenever I was living in London, between performing contracts and other bits and bobs, I didn’t have a fixed address. 

‘For quite a lot of my time living in London, I was moving from house to house.’

The star explained: ‘Some of those houses that I lived in were quite volatile, you know housemates of mine were using drugs and alcohol and I got caught up in that world as well.

‘Sometimes I would go on Thursday and stay out all weekend going from party to party, friend’s house to friend’s house – just so I wouldn’t be in that volatile environment.’

Dean became the second contestant to be voted off I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!

After establishing himself in the first episode as a campmate who screamed during Trials, Dean went on to be voted in for seven Bushtucker Trials.

‘The more you do it the more you get used it,’ he told hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly.

‘I wanted to do my family proud and myself proud. I am a strong person, I’ve just never been in that situation before.’

Dean became the second contestant to be voted off the 2024 I¿m A Celebrity¿ Get Me Out Of Here!

Dean became the second contestant to be voted off the 2024 I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!

On the experience as a whole, he added: ‘It’s absolutely nuts, I still can’t believe I’m here. I’m not disappointed to be going, I have early soaked up this whole experience, all the trials the things that I’ve faced, got stuck in at camp and I really enjoyed it.

‘When I woke up this morning, I thought if I go today I’ll be over the moon, I’ve lived the whole experience, I got to see the Jungle Junkyard.

‘It was nothing like I expected it to be not at all. You don’t see the way the camp has to keep moving, we’re so close, we sleep next to it.’

He added: ‘You won’t believe how bored we get in there. We played every game in there under the sun twice. You won’t believe how much I have learnt about myself in there.’

Previous Article

Jennifer Garner Looks Fresh-Faced on Outing After Kids Celebrate Ben Affleck's Birthday

Next Article

Sophie Turner explains why she won't leave the UK again after moving back to London post-divorce from Joe Jonas.

Write a Comment

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *